Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Who’s really posting the blog?

Is it ethical to have another person post your blogs? Important people are recognizing that Weblog’s represent potential woes, if done poorly. A blog on the New York Times Web site, titled Icahn Hires Reporter to Write for His Blog, summarizes how important people are taking measures to ensure their blog postings are done well. To write and write well is hard enough, but to blog and blog well, is even harder when you have a reputation to uphold. I wish I could afford a professional writer to write mine but until then, I have to bustle up to the keyboard with my references and perform my best.

Another article Blogging for Dollars: Giving Rise to the Professional Blogger is a good read and also explains some of the current discussion that relate to Weblogs. I was surprised to read “In 1999, the Poynter Institute, a journalism school, hired Jim Romenesko to produce his MediaNews Weblog, an early example of a blogger being paid to produce his or her site.” This could be bigger trend for newer professionals.

No comments: